Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lily Aldridge hair / 2nd try

Lily


Remember my first attempt for Lily Aldridge hair? We'll this is attempt number two. We went a little lighter, and while I like it, it still isn't enough to look like Lily's.

me


My play it safe attempts just aren't getting me there. I guess next time I have to just be willing to go all in. When I see pictures of her hair and then mine, it's easy to see, I still have quite a way to go.

me

Can you even tell the difference between my last try and this one? If you look closely at my part you can see that we did manage to get rid of the maroonish looking color (see Lily Aldridge results post) I had used to try to fix what felt like too much orange surrounding my face. I should have just left it, because my attempt to fix it made it worse.

Lily on right with straight hair


This is Lola, our lazy cat.

me

For me, the highlights in front look a bit bold, but I'm going to leave it for now because I've learned that copper fades pretty fast. So in a week or two I'll have a better idea of what it will actually look like. I'm hoping it will fade to a warm blond.



Lily

me
These pictures were taken the day after. I tried to post several to show how much highlights change in different lighting. Even Lily's hair looks different in her pictures.

I can also see how my hair stylist and I need to be more artistic in placing the highlights and some lowlights too. For some reason we've struggled with the width of the highlights surrounding my face. Her's looks thinner.

Lily


So what do you think? Should I call it good, or really go for Lily hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment